2006/11/18

To Love and To Be Loved

Thanks for all your comments to my previous diary ! Before I move on to 'which memory' I'd like to delete, I'd like to share a striking point of view as well as getting your sharing and ideas first in this chapter.

The concept of "Love" has been delighted me during my last Wednesday lecture on Human Development (Love & Marriage).

from Fromm, author of The Art of Loving,
"falling" in love vs "being" in love &
"mature" love vs "immature" love

Here are 2 statements I'd like you to choose on, please state which statement you prefer, honestly:

1. I love because I am loved
2. I am in love because I love

Looking forward to your preference and surely I'll give you the interpretation later on ! :)

5 則留言:

匿名 說...

i am in love because i loved~

匿名 說...

I preferred "I am in love because i loved".


Bunmom

匿名 說...

幾年前的我,我會選擇2

現在的我,我會選擇1--I love because I am loved

匿名 說...

I use to believe its more "hang fuk" to be "I love becos I am loved", but then again after sometime i realize, no matter how , I still prefer " I am in love becos I loved"

Irene

匿名 說...

Before I shared my belife, I would like to add one more point here,

3. We love because God first love us -> this is so true in my life

Okay, looking back, I am always option 2 -> "I am in love because I loved", as it's my drive to put more love in the relationship...

but I have to state that if I am not loved, my love will wither eventually as oneway love simply doesn't work...

Mature love ? a balance between to love and to be loved?

But the reality is, there's never a balance between to love, and to be loved

My situation is, I love because I willing to bear the my other half, and my power not based on my personal will, but with my faith and belife in God...

actuallly, the degree of love so varible and differently defined by all on earth, so love somehow = a dangerous gamble!!!

Lots to reply, lots to share...

But better put an end here...